News:

Are you new to Groestlcoin and have questions you are afraid to ask?
Check out the New Users board and post there.
Welcome to all newcomers.

Main Menu

Welcome new users!

Started by jackielove4u, May 09, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackielove4u

Welcome dear new users!

We would love to hear people's stories how did you come to find groestlcoin?

Have good times!

Regards,

The Groestlcoin Forum Staff

jackielove4u

Welcome!

I have a good feeling about this already. Forget the moon let's try Jupiter!

Quote from: cryptonautz on July 27, 2014, 05:59:35 PM
Hello all,

I will be in charge of the community management of Groestlcoin.

You will soon be seeing me on the Bitcointalk forums as well.

My name on Bitcointalk is: neutraLTC

Thanks and looking forward to working with all of you!

rasta

Hello !
I'm a newbie...!
I found Groestlcoin by looking around on the internet and compared it to other algo in testing with my mining rigs. What suprise me is the low cost on electricity. I D'ont understand why it is not more popular. I know it's been only a few months, it takes time for a coin to get known but this one is superb....!!!
Congrat too gruve_p for giving birth to this coin.!

rasta. 8)

jackielove4u

Quote from: rasta on July 29, 2014, 09:48:21 AM
Hello !
I'm a newbie...!
I found Groestlcoin by looking around on the internet and compared it to other algo in testing with my mining rigs. What suprise me is the low cost on electricity. I D'ont understand why it is not more popular. I know it's been only a few months, it takes time for a coin to get known but this one is superb....!!!

rasta. 8)

+100
Welcome Rasta and spread the word!  :D

gruve_p

Welcome and enjoy the ride with us.
I see you are doing a good job with incognitocoin. I hope the relaunch goes well so u can concentrate more on us.

Looking forward to work with you.

Quote from: cryptonautz on July 27, 2014, 05:59:35 PM
Hello all,

I will be in charge of the community management of Groestlcoin.

You will soon be seeing me on the Bitcointalk forums as well.

My name on Bitcointalk is: neutraLTC

Thanks and looking forward to working with all of you!

gruve_p

Quote from: rasta on July 29, 2014, 09:48:21 AM
Hello !
I'm a newbie...!

rasta. 8)

Hi rasta,

we have the most energy efficient algo. We don't have much exposure thats why it is not so popular. We have assembled a new team and will be announced shortly to give more exposure.

Thank you for mining this coin.

gruve_p

klarakos

Hello from me my name is Klara, I'm new here!

jackielove4u

Quote from: klarakos on August 05, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

Welkom Klara.
Make sure you read our forum rules here: http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=66

Happy groestling!

gruve_p

Quote from: klarakos on August 05, 2014, 08:43:29 AM

Welcome!

Can u share us your story how did you found Groestlcoin?

bronan

Lets introduce myself:

I am a guy living with my lady near Zwolle in the netherlands
Started many years ago as a alpha tester at the seti program and donated many thousands of hours cpu time and later also huge loads of gpu power.
We made it as a team ( Team Elteor Borislavj ) which was only 7 persons to become even nr 5 at the world top list.
At some point UD research started a project to use cpu power to find medicine for certain illness and we would get paid a small amount when they succeed.
The project became a huge succes but the greed of the ones running the project, kept the billions of dollars they made for themselfs.

After i jumped back on several BOINC projects i kinda lost interrest in helping those projects, a friend in germany said have a look at what i am doing.
You probably guessed it Bitcoin so i fired up the good old cpu/gpu farm and farmed alot of coins, now back then they had kinda not much value.

At some point some people offered services for fun like buying pizza, hamburger, art, socks and  all that kinda normal stuff like t-shirts and coffee mugs.
So i spend alot on those and i admit i should have kept a bigger part for later :), but you can not change history.
Even a mistake with sending 5000 btc as fee was not gonna hurt anyone because they had no real value.

A few years later i wanted to shoot myself in the foot for spending these coins i did back then, and mess with the coins so easily :D
Anyway i ended up in the world of crypto and am one person who is known to show the footangles and potential problems.

I have several times warned for instance bitcointalk.org that they might get hacked, they laughed me off but less than a year later boooom hacked.

I worked as a network engineer for years and loved to build and install server systems.
At one point in time my head of department disappeared suddenly and the CEO asked me as a senior to take control.
So i became in time the reserve IT manager
I must admit i tried to ditch the job constant and kept trying to someone to take over the job, but many who got hired todo the job got fired or could not really handle the department well.
And i was put back in charge several times, at some point i decided to stay at the job and still am.

Currenty the crypto community is struggling to keep things going and the endless stream of new coins and bad news about the community will be a hard thing to get rid of in coming time. As you have noticed the crypto world is dominated mostly by very technical people.
And that is one of the largest footangles in the crypto industry, for us it all looks easy and handy but believe me its scary as hell for non tech people.
Even my wife does not go near any of it, or any of het friends. As a gamer i also know a larger portion of people and even these never go near crypto coins.
So i am kinda trying to find ways to get those non technical people into using the crypto coins.
The most important issue is still not resolved in the crypto industry, a way to make it all easy for absolute everyone and security ( NO not the coin but the failures from the person themselfs) see when you send of the coins they are gone no matter what.

Compare that to bank transfer if you made a mistake you can often get your money back or in case its send private you can ask the person to send it back.
Ofcourse some people will not but thats besides the point, another feature is the security that if something happens to for instance the banks the governements repay your losses up to a certain amount. Again in the crypto world its lost.

That does not mean your money is safe in all situations but often you have some kinda fail safe build in for situations, and lets be honest everyday you read about some kinda scam, disappearing company or even a crypto company who suddenly decides your money is not worth anything tommorow without even telling you upfront.

So are these people wrong not to get involved in crypto, if i am honest to myself i say "no" they are right there is much to be done.
That also brings us to alot of other questions to be answered and they are kinda constant being talked about.

So start to think about what we can do to make things easy and try to find ways to prevent some of the risks involved, which are lacking in the current crypto solutions.
People holding large amounts of coins, you are not helping by just holding them for get a quick buck.
If they are just sitting in your wallet they might end up like cinnicoin ( worthless )
You gotta use them to get the community going, ofcourse i can not stop people from being greedy thats seems to be one of less good things about humanity.
Only a few seem to understand that keeping thousands of coins in a wallet without using them nothing will happen.

gruve_p

Hi!

Welcome!
Inspirating story, feel free to show footangles and potential problems in Groestlcoin.

Best regards,

gruve_p.

Quote from: bronan on April 03, 2015, 10:14:06 AM
Lets introduce myself:

I am a guy living with my lady near Zwolle in the netherlands
Started many years ago as a alpha tester at the seti program and donated many thousands of hours cpu time and later also huge loads of gpu power.
We made it as a team ( Team Elteor Borislavj ) which was only 7 persons to become even nr 5 at the world top list.
At some point UD research started a project to use cpu power to find medicine for certain illness and we would get paid a small amount when they succeed.
The project became a huge succes but the greed of the ones running the project, kept the billions of dollars they made for themselfs.

After i jumped back on several BOINC projects i kinda lost interrest in helping those projects, a friend in germany said have a look at what i am doing.
You probably guessed it Bitcoin so i fired up the good old cpu/gpu farm and farmed alot of coins, now back then they had kinda not much value.

At some point some people offered services for fun like buying pizza, hamburger, art, socks and  all that kinda normal stuff like t-shirts and coffee mugs.
So i spend alot on those and i admit i should have kept a bigger part for later :), but you can not change history.
Even a mistake with sending 5000 btc as fee was not gonna hurt anyone because they had no real value.

A few years later i wanted to shoot myself in the foot for spending these coins i did back then, and mess with the coins so easily :D
Anyway i ended up in the world of crypto and am one person who is known to show the footangles and potential problems.

I have several times warned for instance bitcointalk.org that they might get hacked, they laughed me off but less than a year later boooom hacked.

I worked as a network engineer for years and loved to build and install server systems.
At one point in time my head of department disappeared suddenly and the CEO asked me as a senior to take control.
So i became in time the reserve IT manager
I must admit i tried to ditch the job constant and kept trying to someone to take over the job, but many who got hired todo the job got fired or could not really handle the department well.
And i was put back in charge several times, at some point i decided to stay at the job and still am.

Currenty the crypto community is struggling to keep things going and the endless stream of new coins and bad news about the community will be a hard thing to get rid of in coming time. As you have noticed the crypto world is dominated mostly by very technical people.
And that is one of the largest footangles in the crypto industry, for us it all looks easy and handy but believe me its scary as hell for non tech people.
Even my wife does not go near any of it, or any of het friends. As a gamer i also know a larger portion of people and even these never go near crypto coins.
So i am kinda trying to find ways to get those non technical people into using the crypto coins.
The most important issue is still not resolved in the crypto industry, a way to make it all easy for absolute everyone and security ( NO not the coin but the failures from the person themselfs) see when you send of the coins they are gone no matter what.

Compare that to bank transfer if you made a mistake you can often get your money back or in case its send private you can ask the person to send it back.
Ofcourse some people will not but thats besides the point, another feature is the security that if something happens to for instance the banks the governements repay your losses up to a certain amount. Again in the crypto world its lost.

That does not mean your money is safe in all situations but often you have some kinda fail safe build in for situations, and lets be honest everyday you read about some kinda scam, disappearing company or even a crypto company who suddenly decides your money is not worth anything tommorow without even telling you upfront.

So are these people wrong not to get involved in crypto, if i am honest to myself i say "no" they are right there is much to be done.
That also brings us to alot of other questions to be answered and they are kinda constant being talked about.

So start to think about what we can do to make things easy and try to find ways to prevent some of the risks involved, which are lacking in the current crypto solutions.
People holding large amounts of coins, you are not helping by just holding them for get a quick buck.
If they are just sitting in your wallet they might end up like cinnicoin ( worthless )
You gotta use them to get the community going, ofcourse i can not stop people from being greedy thats seems to be one of less good things about humanity.
Only a few seem to understand that keeping thousands of coins in a wallet without using them nothing will happen.

jackielove4u

Loved to read ur story Bronan! Keep it up!

gielbier

Just saying Hi,

I'm gielbier (oooow no, an other dutchie).

I'm a NodeJS-dev, doing mostly mobile applications atm.
Also wrote some stuff for bit-post (text/tuts), wrote some code for cryptobetfair (JS clientside provably fair validator), also made a twitter tipbot. (https://github.com/Biersteker/node-tip-bot-twitter) and a lot of other stuff.

Working on porting bitcore (fullstack) for groestl atm.

gruve_p

Hi gielbier!

I have seen your work on github and it is impressive. We have good hopes that you will be successfull on Groestlcore. Welcome in our team.

Best regards,

gruve_p

Quote from: gielbier on January 06, 2016, 06:19:30 PM
Just saying Hi,

I'm gielbier (oooow no, an other dutchie).

I'm a NodeJS-dev, doing mostly mobile applications atm.
Also wrote some stuff for bit-post (text/tuts), wrote some code for cryptobetfair (JS clientside provably fair validator), also made a twitter tipbot. (https://github.com/Biersteker/node-tip-bot-twitter) and a lot of other stuff.

Working on porting bitcore (fullstack) for groestl atm.

jackielove4u

Welcome gielbier,

Ow yes another dutchie :)

Also looking forward to the bitcore port :)