Be careful when downloading software.
Make sure to download only from official sources:
Official Groestlcoin Clients for Win, Mac, Linux

Main Menu

Daily Crypto Nooooooz

Started by indiamikezulu, February 28, 2017, 12:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indiamikezulu

What price will Bitcoin be in Mid-March?

B.N. calls '$0.' '$700 some time this year; but for mid-March, $1337.'

Sabretooth calls 'lower than people think. Big buy-in opportunity in coming months.'

IMZ: new guess, me -- $800?
but I can't play anymore 'cause there's a tiny prize up for grabs -- but may I note that my eight hundred came from assuming a drop in a Bitcoin price that has risen rather more than I thought it would!

Some Guy Named 'Bogart': 'not slump more than 10%' [ http://www.etf.com/sections/features-and-news/bitcoin-etfs-dummies?nopaging=1 ]

jwinterm: $1800

jackie: $900

Rat (a Tux Exchange dev): $1000

mini (another Tux dev): $1600 or better

doc: $1503

sphericon $1750

Eddie13: $713.13

jamesm225: $2000 (provisional guess -- watch this space)

jackielove4u

indiamikezulu

What price will Bitcoin and GRS be on March 22?

GRS's Price IMZ offers a one-thousand GRS price (but he's not allowed to win)

IMZ: wait!

exemplaar: 340 satoshi

Bitcoin's Price

B.N. calls '$0.' '$700 some time this year; but for mid-March, $1337.'

Sabretooth calls 'lower than people think. Big buy-in opportunity in coming months.'

IMZ: new guess, me -- $800?
but I can't play anymore 'cause there's a tiny prize up for grabs -- but may I note that my eight hundred came from assuming a drop in a Bitcoin price that has risen rather more than I thought it would!

Some Guy Named 'Bogart': 'not slump more than 10%' [ http://www.etf.com/sections/features-and-news/bitcoin-etfs-dummies?nopaging=1 ]

sphericon $1750

ExploitAgency: $1111

indiamikezulu

Quote from: jackielove4u on March 11, 2017, 12:45:35 PM
No BTC price crash?

Apparently not, Jackie!

And my goal here? I think the general crypto-analysis skills of this community should be brought to bear as the trickle of newcomers becomes a flow.

indiamikezulu

What price will Bitcoin and GRS be on March 22?

GRS's Price IMZ offers a one-thousand GRS price (but he's not allowed to win)

IMZ: 500

exemplaar: 340 satoshi

hterw: 800

Bitcoin's Price jwinterm offers a one-thousand GRS price

B.N. calls '$0.' '[$700 some time this year; but for mid-March, $1337.'

IMZ: new guess, me -- $800? but I can't play anymore 'cause there's a tiny prize up for grabs -- but may I note that my eight hundred came from assuming a drop in a Bitcoin price that has risen rather more than I thought it would!

sphericon $1750

ExploitAgency: $1111

hterw:
$1,225

V905: $1,275

indiamikezulu

Okay, let's close the books. 'V905,' from the Tux troll box, got the last Guess in.

indiamikezulu

Jackie should have the winning prices shortly. ExploitAgency will likely win the Btc Guess, and hterw will win the GRS Guess.

indiamikezulu

Quote from: indiamikezulu on March 22, 2017, 07:18:36 AM
Jackie should have the winning prices shortly. ExploitAgency will likely win the Btc Guess, and hterw will win the GRS Guess.

Bingo! ExploitAgency and hterw were the winners, and I'm arranging the transfer of the prizes. Both great guesses, guys!

jackielove4u

GRS price 22 March: 620 sat
BTC price 22 March: 1011 USD

Congrats ExploitAgency and hterw !!

indiamikezulu

The Bitcoin-HF Thang

Us IndiaMikeZulu guys sure are following this with interest. If you have news or opinions, please do post them:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-core-roadmap-unveils-signature-optimization-plan/

indiamikezulu

indiamikezulu

jackielove4u

indiamikezulu

Little Report

Just got back from a rare trip to the city; and, in respect of crpyto adoption:

[sigh] Australians are bliss ninnies floating in an ocean of ignorance and debt-fuelled affluence. So, in respect of cryptos, mass adoption is not coming soon (and certainly not on top of the already technically complex nature of daily life!). It will be the 'smart money' -- Wall Streeters and libertarians -- who will drive adoption until the economy significantly worsens.

indiamikezulu

An Update on Our Exchanges

Have I got the following right?

'Litebit' is listed on Bitcointalk's ANN thread Page One -- but I don't think GRS is still traded there.

Bitsquare has become 'bisq.'

And a thing about Cryptopia:

it has the only 'auto-generated' trading-pairs that I know of. That means that if a crypto is listed as a base-coin on Cryptopia, then every other crypto listed on C. can be traded against that base-coin.

Now, the following is cheeky -- and let's see if anyone is reading here:

most of the 'auto-pairs' are not active. But sometimes, it seems, bots put little bids up. These pairs are easy to pick because the buy-sell splits are insanely wide. And you can put bids on the 'bottom' side, and sometimes pick up a few coins at a very low price.

And if anyone is interested, there's an UNO-GRS pair.

And I just contacted Cryptopia's Support, to ask them how we'd get a USDT-GRS pair -- answer: if we get enough volume