Make sure to download only from official sources:
Official Groestlcoin Clients for Win, Mac, Linux

Main Menu

Daily Crypto Nooooooz

Started by indiamikezulu, February 28, 2017, 12:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackielove4u

Quote from: indiamikezulu on April 28, 2017, 01:42:59 AM
So . . . Some Guy didn't tie up his dog properly. Dog got out; a truck ran it over, so Some Guy gonna go down to the truck factory, and punch the owner on the nose?

ROFL

indiamikezulu

'What France needs is reform that lifts its economy from stagnation, reduces high and rising unemployment, and begins healing a fractured society.

What the 54 per cent of French voters who opted for the extremes in the first round of the presidential elections want is revolution — and after years of failure by a political class that refuses to address ordinary voters' concerns, it is hard to blame them.

But what France is likely to end up with is a centrist president who embodies everything those voters are rebelling against and whose modest efforts at tackling the country's problems will be stymied by a hostile parliament and a public convinced that any change will be at its expense.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/inquirer/french-elections-round-two-dislike-le-pen-dislike-macron-too/news-story/49c8ee0f359bcdff6c3ddf66a3af67a4

Two points here:

one: 'reform that lifts its economy from stagnation, reduces high and rising unemployment, and begins healing a fractured society'? Pure fiction. These are expectations that assume the present model isn't 'broken.' But the present model is broken.

two: 'a centrist president who embodies everything those voters are rebelling against' Which seems to prove my claim above: if the system doesn't give people what they want, it's broken.

Historical Note: revolutions are far far more common than most people think; they happen faster than you'd guess; and the characters eating candied otters' noses in the big house on the hill are always the very last to figure out what's going on.

indiamikezulu

From 'immature speculative-trading phase' to currency function

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/isle-man-became-bitcoin-island/

https://news.bitcoin.com/antigua-and-barbuda-drafts-laws-to-implement-bitcoin/

Okay, although we originally expected to see cryptos jump from crypto-geek thingy whatsit straight to 'currency function' (mass adoption), the persistence of the financial crisis has brought safe-haven function to the fore. My point, though, is that currency function improves safe-haven function.

A functioning fiat currency – for example, one readily redeemable for gold – is exactly a safe haven, a place where you can 'park' value. And the less the 'slippage' when you get 'into' or 'out of' that safe haven, the better. And the more merchants and daily users a cryptocurrency has, the lower that slippage will be.

Check Cryptopia at this second. A merchant or some one needing to exit their GRS safe-haven position would suffer a huge loss if they just sold.

So: 'coin-wholesaling': we've had so much trouble explaining this, probably because it will take years to develop:

increasingly large packets of GRS will be bought and sold P2P (by me at first), in order that community members and merchants and safe-haven investors can 'get into' and 'out of' GRS at low margins – low low 'slippage.' We're already doing this for our merchant (even if the amounts are tiny).

EDIT: Sigh: gonna state my case, as I did in the first draft, a little more forcefully: all cryptocurrency communities need to focus on shunting their crypto from the 'immature speculative-trading phase' to the mature currency-function phase (with or without the safe-haven thing). Why? It improves utility, and every tiny bit of utility helps us gain and hold a slightly higher position on the charts.

Note: it's certainly not the responsibility of the developers to undertake this work. It's the responsibility of the rest of the community.

jackielove4u

indiamikezulu

Quote from: jackielove4u on April 30, 2017, 10:45:20 PM
https://grsgiveaway.com/

Gonna keep this thread and the giveaway connected.

EDIT: I see that there's a block of Indonesians posting on the GRS Facebook page. IndiaMikeZulu tried in 2013-14 to launch an Indonesian Project with the help of my contacts there. Failed outright.

But . . . the reason we tried is that Indonesia has both a weak currency and a monumentally corrupt banking system. So we figured they were likely adopters. And they now are -- at least with Bitcoin. But GRS would make a great 'de facto' national e-currency. So let's organise that!

So, I've posted a link for this site's long-defunct Indonesian thread over on Facebook. And if any Indo folk are interested, we could launch a little 'klub pedagang' -- traders' club.

indiamikezulu

'It also, in a way, confirms the view that main investors have started getting involved in Bitcoin by investing a part of their money.'

https://cointelegraph.com/news/another-billionaire-reveals-bitcoin-investment-compares-it-to-horse-racing

indiamikezulu

Thinking-Out-Loud Day

To begin: Go, me! Guessed correctly that the GFC would become the primary driver of crypto prices.
So, how much money is 'out there'? That is, how [edit: many $$ are there that could] theoretically seek refuge in non-government [edit: 'instruments' like gold, etc.]?

Answer: $US 75,000 Billion

How much could flow unto cryptos? I personally have no doubt: tens of Billions.

[http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Soaring-demand-for-cryptocurrencies-prompts-launch-of-more-than-10-exchanges-in-Japan ]

Next: how much may not come into Bitcoin? (and therefore may flow into other cryptos? Like GRS?)

Check here: https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

Could Bitcoin's percentage of cap fall below 50% by January 1st, 2018? I guess so. Could it fall as low as 40% by this time next year? I guess so.

Over to you guys . . .

jackielove4u

Quote from: indiamikezulu on May 02, 2017, 05:12:45 AM
Thinking-Out-Loud Day

To begin: Go, me! Guessed correctly that the GFC would become the primary driver of crypto prices.
So, how much money is 'out there'? That is, how much of $X could theoretically seek refuge in non-government currencies?

Answer: $US 75,000 Billion

How much could flow unto cryptos? I personally have no doubt: tens of Billions.

[http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Soaring-demand-for-cryptocurrencies-prompts-launch-of-more-than-10-exchanges-in-Japan ]

Next: how much may not come into Bitcoin? (and therefore may flow into other cryptos? Like GRS?)

Check here: https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#btc-percentage

Could Bitcoin's percentage of cap fall below 50% by January 1st, 2018? I guess so. Could it fall as low as 40% by this time next year? I guess so.

Over to you guys . . .

I believe 2017 will be a good year for cryptocurrency in general. More and more people will pour money into crypto. If bitcoin gets bigger then all crypto will grow with it. The game now is to ride with bitcoin and later help people to diversify their portfolio.

jackielove4u

Quote from: indiamikezulu on May 01, 2017, 03:08:08 AM

EDIT: I see that there's a block of Indonesians posting on the GRS Facebook page. IndiaMikeZulu tried in 2013-14 to launch an Indonesian Project with the help of my contacts there. Failed outright.

But . . . the reason we tried is that Indonesia has both a weak currency and a monumentally corrupt banking system. So we figured they were likely adopters. And they now are -- at least with Bitcoin. But GRS would make a great 'de facto' national e-currency. So let's organise that!

So, I've posted a link for this site's long-defunct Indonesian thread over on Facebook. And if any Indo folk are interested, we could launch a little 'klub pedagang' -- traders' club.

Indonesia remains one of BlackBerry's biggest markets. BlackBerry in the past launched dedicated phones and apps for the Indonesian market, home to 250 million people.
More than six million people still use BlackBerry in Indonesia. Indonesia is a vital market for the Canadian based smartphone company. Indonesia is one of the largest smartphone markets in the world, and is a country in which BlackBerry devices are gaining increasing popularly.

So with this knowledge we thought: lets see what other coins have a blackberry wallet on Blackberry world? Answer: None. Only Bitcoin has 1.
Our reaction: We developed 9 Blackberry wallets and published them on Blackberry world. The Blackberry wallets are mostly used in Indonesia.

Our indonesian users:

indiamikezulu

Okay, I've signed up at Coinexchange. (It's reputable, as I understand it: UNO has been trading there for ages.)

Have closed the spread to 2100-1711

jackielove4u

Quote from: indiamikezulu on May 03, 2017, 05:09:17 AM
Okay, I've signed up at Coinexchange. (It's reputable, as I understand it: UNO has been trading there for ages.)

use with caution. According to internet they dont reply to support emails. Try sending them an email and see how long it takes them to answer it.

jackielove4u

indiamikezulu

Quote from: jackielove4u on May 03, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
Quote from: indiamikezulu on May 03, 2017, 05:09:17 AM

use with caution. According to internet they dont reply to support emails. Try sending them an email and see how long it takes them to answer it.

Thanks for that, Jackie. An 'Hello?' email is my usual practice, but in my enthusiasm I neglected it. Will report.

EDIT: okay. Got a cheery reply from Support.

indiamikezulu

' . . . certain regions that lack "a very strong tradition of adherence to the rule of law".'

http://www.coindesk.com/central-bank-digital-currencies-dictators/

Regions like . . . Planet Earth's banking sector?