News:

Forum Rules can be found here

Main Menu

Current Activity/Progress

Started by Pranava, September 04, 2017, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pranava

I am a significant holder of GRS, and require some information on the progress that is being made in regards to this coin. I understand the work is a long term project, and I realise the time and effort it takes to undertake, however before I make further purchases of Groestlcoin I would like an update on the development and future plans.

Specifically, I would like to have an update on the current team working on Groestlcoin. I know there is a development team page with numerous individuals; Are all these people still involved? How large is the current team?

In addition, what plan/strategy is in place for marketing, or the team's strategy for helping the coin get more widely used.

In my opinion GRS is a great coin in a very competitive market. The team has achieved alot recently, segwit/mobile wallet etc, and has alot to be very proud of. I can see great things in the future, however there is very little information about this coin that is current. It is difficult to really gauge the aims for this coin and the plans of the development team.
A time frame with some development updates/news releases would be very helpful and would give put GRS a greater presence in the media.

ok thanks

jackielove4u

Welcome.

As you said the work being done is a long term project.
The people mentioned on the development team are still involved and contribute often to our github wih over 100 repositories. Every person has their own skills. The team is currently 12 devs.

There are no plan/strategy for marketing. This is up to the community to do it. Dev team does devving without asking any donation for it.

We dont work with roadmaps (we dont tell what is coming beforehand) but we work in release cycles of 3 months: 22 march, 22 june, 22 september and 25 december. Next release will be done on 22 september as can be seen on our website (see the countdown below the main page).

indiamikezulu

Hey, Pranava!!

Got merchant development underway here in Australia. There is a growing network of folks learning to trade; setting up accounts to buy Bitcoin to buy GRS; setting up wallets, etc.

My outfit, 'IndiaMikeZulu,' runs a p2p exchange (closed thread, though Jackie is a member) on which GRS is becoming popular.

We've seen an enormous increase in trading-volumes in recent months, both on the English-language and Chinese-language exchanges; and I'm not a pump-n-dump guy, so this combination of steadier price and strong trading is very attractive.

The threads -- notably Telegram -- have become busier. Shakes and Jackie and I and some others keep tabs on all these, in case anyone needs technical help. I personally checked the faucet this morning -- put ten GRS in.

Finally, the Chinese ban on ICOs is most favourable for GRS. The future looks so bright!

IndiaMikeZulu, Western Australia

Pranava

The new website layout looks very sharp and is a big improvement to the previous one. The newly released wallets are excellent too. I look forward to the future releases from this team. This coin is being supported much more than some larger ones, and this is a great thing!

The only thing for me is there is little to no marketing for this coin. Imo the market cap for Groestlcoin should be much higher considering it is a solid coin with a very good developer team. I realise for a small team the funds for marketing are no doubt limited, but I really do feel a small marketing campaign could be very beneficial for GRS.

I do appreciate GRS is a long term coin and decisions are made on that logic.
Ok keep up the great work!

indiamikezulu

Quote from: Pranava on September 28, 2017, 09:37:33 PM
The new website layout looks very sharp and is a big improvement to the previous one. The newly released wallets are excellent too. I look forward to the future releases from this team. This coin is being supported much more than some larger ones, and this is a great thing!

The only thing for me is there is little to no marketing for this coin. Imo the market cap for Groestlcoin should be much higher considering it is a solid coin with a very good developer team. I realise for a small team the funds for marketing are no doubt limited, but I really do feel a small marketing campaign could be very beneficial for GRS.

I do appreciate GRS is a long term coin and decisions are made on that logic.
Ok keep up the great work!

Tee hee Congratulations, Pranava . . . you just became the GRS Marketing Initiative!!

Here's the history of all this:

the altcoin proliferation of 2013 threw up literally thousands of cryptos. The process of sorting the wheat from the chaff was long and hard; and strangely, it was the case that well-marketed cryptos were suspect.

Say what? Well, as a libertarian -- non-centralised -- phenomenon, these crypto communities . . . well? where would the money for development have come from? It was all voluntary. Ad hoc. Day by day.

And now the tech is thriving; but folks like our long-suffering dev team absolutely can not be faulted for any shortcomings in marketing.

If every new member on Telegram and Slack spends just five minutes a day doing some honest and cool-headed development work, in a month, GRS will be better known than Ronald McDonald.