News:

Are you new to Groestlcoin and have questions you are afraid to ask?
Check out the New Users board and post there.
Welcome to all newcomers.

Main Menu

How do you install Electrum Wallet on Ubuntu (I have 14.04 or 16.04)

Started by relentless, October 30, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relentless

Hi there team.

(I have 14.04 or 16.04)

I'm struggling with bin files and getting it to load etc, says my path is incorrect. I can just about do it with GRS core on ubuntu but I don't want to download the blockchain.

Can I know the method as shown here for core: http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=441.0 but for Electrum if possible please.

This worked well when I was installing for BTC

Thank you team.

jackielove4u

Download and untar https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs/releases/download/v2.5.4/Electrum-grs-2.5.4.tar.gz
In the electrum-grs directory, run: 'python electrum-grs'
To install it on your system, run: 'sudo python setup.py install'

relentless

Hi there

Im struggling to run 'python electrum-grs'

I've untared it. The folder is now on desktop, I've opened it, I can see the electrum-grs. Not sure how to do the python bit at this point. Please help.

relentless

Hi there, I think installed it but there is the rectangle with a fold for the groestl coin wallet. When I click it, my old bitcoin electrum wallet opens up. I have tried to remove it from Ubuntu software centre (which shows as removed) but its opens up the bitcoin one instead.

I don't really want to download the core one as I dont have so much space on this computer.

jackielove4u

Quote from: relentless on November 01, 2017, 11:13:51 AM
Hi there, I think installed it but there is the rectangle with a fold for the groestl coin wallet. When I click it, my old bitcoin electrum wallet opens up. I have tried to remove it from Ubuntu software centre (which shows as removed) but its opens up the bitcoin one instead.

I don't really want to download the core one as I dont have so much space on this computer.
Can u try multigroestl hd for linux.

relentless

Hello Jackie,

Didnt work so ended up installing core on ubuntu.

One problem how come I cant see the debub help area as I want to sweep a paper wallet.

Thanks

jackielove4u

Quote from: relentless on November 09, 2017, 03:25:51 PM
Hello Jackie,

Didnt work so ended up installing core on ubuntu.

One problem how come I cant see the debub help area as I want to sweep a paper wallet.

Thanks

May i ask why u didnt install electrum through the bin installer (perform a chown first otherwise u get persmission denied)