How do you install Electrum Wallet on Ubuntu (I have 14.04 or 16.04)

Started by relentless, October 30, 2017, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relentless

Hi there team.

(I have 14.04 or 16.04)

I'm struggling with bin files and getting it to load etc, says my path is incorrect. I can just about do it with GRS core on ubuntu but I don't want to download the blockchain.

Can I know the method as shown here for core: http://groestlcoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=441.0 but for Electrum if possible please.

This worked well when I was installing for BTC

Thank you team.

jackielove4u

Download and untar https://github.com/Groestlcoin/electrum-grs/releases/download/v2.5.4/Electrum-grs-2.5.4.tar.gz
In the electrum-grs directory, run: 'python electrum-grs'
To install it on your system, run: 'sudo python setup.py install'

relentless

Hi there

Im struggling to run 'python electrum-grs'

I've untared it. The folder is now on desktop, I've opened it, I can see the electrum-grs. Not sure how to do the python bit at this point. Please help.

relentless

Hi there, I think installed it but there is the rectangle with a fold for the groestl coin wallet. When I click it, my old bitcoin electrum wallet opens up. I have tried to remove it from Ubuntu software centre (which shows as removed) but its opens up the bitcoin one instead.

I don't really want to download the core one as I dont have so much space on this computer.

jackielove4u

Quote from: relentless on November 01, 2017, 11:13:51 AM
Hi there, I think installed it but there is the rectangle with a fold for the groestl coin wallet. When I click it, my old bitcoin electrum wallet opens up. I have tried to remove it from Ubuntu software centre (which shows as removed) but its opens up the bitcoin one instead.

I don't really want to download the core one as I dont have so much space on this computer.
Can u try multigroestl hd for linux.

relentless

Hello Jackie,

Didnt work so ended up installing core on ubuntu.

One problem how come I cant see the debub help area as I want to sweep a paper wallet.

Thanks

jackielove4u

Quote from: relentless on November 09, 2017, 03:25:51 PM
Hello Jackie,

Didnt work so ended up installing core on ubuntu.

One problem how come I cant see the debub help area as I want to sweep a paper wallet.

Thanks

May i ask why u didnt install electrum through the bin installer (perform a chown first otherwise u get persmission denied)